What Do We Provide?
We offer a multidisciplinary center and medical home for children of all ages who are placed outside of the home, whether in kinship care, foster care, or in a group setting. The Foster and Adoption Care Clinic offers both medical and mental health services in one convenient location for children and adults and their families that are part of the Foster/Adoption community. Our team has a deep understanding of the child welfare system and will work with families and child welfare agencies to ensure children in foster care receive the best possible care.
- Provide medical, dental & behavioral health care using a trauma informed lens
- Full spectrum family practice including initial health screenings and ESPDT exams
- Quick access to meet new placement needs
- Unique sensory sensitive space
- Sacred Patient Time—longer appointments
- Coordinated care with case workers
- Transitional care through permanency
- Specialty referrals as needed
- Innovative community approach
Additional services are available as identified by the Foster/Adoption
provider and care team.
Community Health Care takes most types of private insurance and managed care plans that include Medicaid and Medicare. Coordinated Care of Washington provides health insurance for all children newly placed in the Foster community. Those who are uninsured can be billed using a sliding scale according to income.
Desirée White, ARNP
Direct Phone and Appointment Line:
Fax: (253) 722-1785
Hilltop Regional Health Center
1202 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Tacoma, WA 98405
First floor, across from the Pharmacy
Walk in services are available