Health Care for All Bethel Students and Staff
Community Health Care now has two School-Based Health Centers, one located within Bethel Middle School, across the street from the Bethel Learning Center in Spanaway, and the other within Graham-Kapowsin High School.
These are full spectrum integrated health centers serving the students and staff of the Bethel School District. Our staff includes family medical care providers, nurses, dental providers and behavioral health specialists who are here to ensure you and your family remain healthy.
We have same-day appointments, and we also accept walk-ins. Please call (253) 722-1793 (Bethel Middle School) or (253) 354-4315 (Graham-Kapowsin High School) to check availability.
Registration for both clinics being accepted now!
Click here for registration documents and the answers to frequently asked questions.SIGN UP NOW FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Excellent pediatric care gives your child a great start in life. Well-child visits are important during the early months of a child’s life to assess growth and development and identify and address any problems early. Our pediatricians offer a variety of services for your child from birth to 18 years:
- Well child check-ups, including sports physicals
- Preventative Care
- Chronic conditions, including asthma, diabetes, and ADHD
- Wellness visits for adults (Bethel School-District Staff only)
- Not feeling well? Call for same-day appointment availability
Studies show that good dental health in children can lead to better overall medical health into adulthood. Our dental clinics specialize in general dentistry. Services provided include:
- Emergency Dental Care
- Nitrous for Children
- Night Guards
- Space Maintainers
- Broken Teeth
CHC dentists have completed Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) training and are ABCD certified. This means that our dentists are well-trained and experienced in providing care for very young children and expectant mothers, as well as all adults.
There are a variety of reasons why making sure your child is up to date on vaccines is important. Here are the top five reasons:
- Immunizations can save your child’s life. Because of advances in medical science, your child can be protected against more diseases than ever before. Some diseases that once injured or killed thousands of children have been eliminated completely, and others are close to extinction – primarily due to safe and effective vaccines.
- Vaccination is very safe and effective. Vaccines are only given to children after a long and careful review by scientists, doctors, and healthcare professionals.
- Immunization protects others you care about. To help keep them safe, it is important that you and your children who can get vaccinated are fully immunized. This not only protects your family, but also helps prevent the spread of these diseases to your friends and loved ones.
- Immunizations can save your family time and money. A child with a vaccine-preventable disease can be denied attendance at schools or childcare facilities. Some vaccine-preventable diseases can result in prolonged disabilities and can take a financial toll because of lost time at work, medical bills or long-term disability care.
- Immunization protects future generations. Vaccines have reduced and, in some cases, eliminated many diseases that killed or severely disabled people just a few generations ago.
Behavioral Health Consultants (BHC) can help with:
- Coping with medical problems
- Stress, Anxiety or Anger
- Changing risky behaviors like tobacco and alcohol use
- Difficult life problems or family problems
- Child behavior problems
- Eating and activity changes for a healthy weight
- Learning and memory problems
- And a variety of other mental health issues
Appointments can often be on the same day as your medical appointment.
Is insurance required?
Community Health Care accepts most insurance, including Apple Health (Medicaid). If you don’t have insurance, our insurance navigators can assist you with exploring insurance options, including Apple Health. Even if you do not qualify for Apple Health – or if you don’t have insurance – we bill on a sliding scale in accordance with income and family size… and no child is ever turned away for inability to pay.
Location(s) and Hours
Bethel Middle School (253) 722-1793
Graham-Kapowsin High School (253) 354-4315
All documents can be downloaded, printed, and filled out.
To send documents in advance, please fax them to this number: (253) 722-1776
Bethel Middle School location:
22001 38th Avenue East
Spanaway, WA 98387
Graham-Kapowsin High School location:
22100 108th Ave East
Graham, WA 98338
Current Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health Clinic Schedule
Bethel Middle School
Monday and Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Graham-Kapowsin High School
Tuesday and Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Telehealth appointments also available
Bethel Middle School
In-person appointments Monday 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Graham-Kapowsin High School
In-person appointments Tuesday 6:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Telehealth Appointments as needed after in-person consultation with a medical provider