The PGY1 Community Practice Pharmacy Residency at Community Health Care strives to develop well-rounded, compassionate, and capable pharmacists through an integrative and multidisciplinary approach to primary care. Graduates of the program will gain experience which can be used to build their careers, no matter the setting. After completing this program, pharmacists will have a better understanding of how to take care of underserved patients as a team. Residents will present lectures, in services, P&T presentations, and a resident project. Duration of the program is 12 months of full-time hours. The resident will be required to work as part of the pharmacy workflow for 16 hours per week
Community Health Care has focused on primary care for nearly 50 years providing medical, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health services to our patients. Throughout those years, our organization’s pharmacy practice has grown to take a patient-centered role in the form of many programs such as anticoagulation management, smoking cessation, refill authorization, and Ryan White medication management, to name a few. Pharmacy residents will work alongside other healthcare disciplines including medical and dental residents.
Our facilities are centrally located in the beautiful city of Tacoma Washington where one will find abundant opportunities for professional growth, sense of community, and recreation.
The 2019-2020 residency year will see our second graduating class of pharmacists as we await our pending ASHP accreditation and further build our pharmacy team.
- Accreditation by American Society of Health-System Pharmacy (ASHP –pending)
- PGY1 program is associated with the University of Washington School of Pharmacy
- Stipend: $48,880.00 salaried for the program year
- 80 hours of vacation time available for the program year
- Insurance is provided. Residents are responsible for a small portion of medical, dental, long-term and short-term disability premiums.
- Malpractice insurance is provided.
- Allowance for travel and expenses to attend professional meetings.
- Allowance available for Continuing Education.