Applications are available in late summer of each year through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for both MD and DO applicants. We only accept applications submitted through the ERAS system.
Qualifications and Criteria
- Graduate from an accredited medical school.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident. CHC does not sponsor visas.
- Physically able to fulfill the resident job description after provision of reasonable accommodations as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- No felonies on record.
- Appear suited for Community Health Care’s goals and values.
- Graduate of medical school accredited by Liaison Council for Medical Education (LCME) or World Health Organization.
- Apply through ERAS and within the rules of the match and ACGME or AOA.
- Complete ERAS file, including at least transcript, Dean’s letter, USMLE or COMLEX transcripts, and two letters of recommendation.
- Foreign-born graduates of non-LCME schools must be certified by the Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), which includes language, proficiency, and cultural competence.
- No more than five years away from the practice of medicine.
- Failed no more than two medical school courses or rotations. All fails must be remediated.
- Passed step I and II of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) licensing exam.
- Failed no more than one exam prior to passing on repeat.
- If failed an exam, successful repeat was within 6 months and score above the 25th percentile.
Files are reviewed after the following is submitted:
- Completed ERAS application
- Personal statement
- At least two letters of reference
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
Faculty review all completed applications to select candidates for interview. Applicants invited to interview will be notified directly by the program. Interview dates are on Thursdays.
Please direct any questions regarding the application and interview process to email@example.com or ( 253)442-8800.